Thursday, December 28, 2017 -- Prayer Only



Thursday, December 28, 2017

Good morning! Welcome to prayer this 28th day of December, 2017. The year is drawing to a close, and I am getting excited for the year to come! While I don’t participate in New Year’s resolutions, I definitely have plans and goals that I will be praying over this year. The most important goals I have are the ones that make me more like Jesus. I pray for a new level of patience, kindness, mercy and wisdom from the Lord this year.  If you would like to share your goals or what you would like the Lord to do in you this year, feel free to send me a message or post in the comments. God bless you as we pray for our children today!

Prayer:

Thanksgiving:
Lord, I give You honor this day! This is the day that You have made. I will rejoice and be glad in it! I enter into Your presence with thanksgiving and into Your courts with praise. I give thanks to You, Lord, and bless Your name. You are good and Your mercy is everlasting. Your Truth is enduring to all generations. Praise You, God! (Psalm 118:24, Psalm 100: 4-5)

Confession:
(As we open our hearts today to confess, I invite you to join me in  meditating on the words of I Need You by Matt Maher):

Lord, I come
I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You’re the One that guards my heart

In this time of confession, I bow and thank You that in my confession is a place of refuge and safety. I thank You that I do not need to fear Your wrath, but that the blood of Jesus Christ has provided a seat of mercy for my sins. I thank You that my failings do not change Your heart toward me as I bring them to You and humble myself. I pray that I will always choose the humble path so that I will not be filled with pride and caused to fall. (Proverbs 16:18, 1 Peter 5:6,  Hebrews 9:13–14, Rom. 3:25) (Take time to place your heart in God’s hand for examination and confession. Allow Him to show you areas that need repentance. This time of cleansing is a time of intimacy and drawing near to the Lord.)


Supplication:
I lift my heart to You and ask You to intervene in my circumstances. I thank You that You promised to perfect that which concerns me (Psalm 138:8). Place Your heart in mine so that my will matches Yours. Thank You for working in my life. (Take time to journal needs, concerns and requests. Make note of progress, victories, and answered prayers. A few minutes each day will encourage you over the year as you pray!)


Intercession:
I lift my children to You today. I choose to cast off worry and roll my needs onto You. I cast away anxiety, fear, and depression. I refuse to allow the concerns of parenting a child with special needs or particular challenges to keep me from praying and seeking You. I dig in, press in, and seek You, Lord. (1 Peter 5:7). (Take time to list needs, concerns and requests. Make note of progress, victories and answers to prayer. Press in and keep pressing in! Let me share: My son has an ongoing autism-related concern that is very taxing and exhausting. It has recently gotten much worse. However, the Lord has been encouraging me that as I continue to pray, as I daily cover him in prayer, I will begin to see God’s hand. It is daily, grueling, and frankly exhausting. I am so grateful to have prayer, and God’s presence as we walk out this need! Keep praying, friends. Don’t give up!)


Thanksgiving and Consecration:
I thank You that I can leave all these concerns at Your feet. Help me to do just that: Leave them with you. As the concerns weigh over me throughout the day, help me to lift them to You in prayer continually as I go about my schedule. Help me not to pick them back up again. I love You, Lord, and I am so grateful that You have ordained this time to be holy. Seal these prayers for Your glory and Your kingdom. Establish Your kingdom in our hearts and in our home. In Jesus’ Name I pray, amen.

Blessing and Benediction:
Bless you today as you go forth.
Bless you today as you parent your children.
Bless your home today as you go out and come in.
Bless you today as you honor the Lord.


I will see you tomorrow!! Blessings and hugs!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold Water

Monday, January 29, 2018 Reflections on Celebration of Discipline—The Discipline of Guidance, Part 1

Soul Rest